Welcome to The Next Generation Clan Forum. Please register if you're looking forward to join us. Wink
Welcome to The Next Generation Clan Forum. Please register if you're looking forward to join us. Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to TnG's Forum! Please visit daily for new updates! Very Happy
Our Leaders are $hield, Kaffi-x, Sharpeye and Adnyxo Smile . Look for them to test you out or feel free to ask them anything about the clan ! Very Happy
We're now Recruiting!.If you would like to join our clan Register, and ask our admins to test you Very Happy.
Latest topics
» GOD READ THIS!
Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:20 pm by GOD

» Farewell TnG
Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:32 pm by |TnG|$P!d3r*P!g

» Clan iOD
Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:26 am by iOD|Skullx

» Cr0w and $hields leave
Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:10 pm by WarningK

» Risk's App
Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:50 pm by Adnyxo

Poll
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" Empty
PostSubject: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:55 pm

Still after 2 years, don't know the "How to" and the Script Stuff For setting up teh server (ie. Commands connections, the whole darn thing).

I've been interested in setting up a server but I can never get around to it (Dont really like how the "readme" in assault cube explains it.

Just wondering can anyone post the script commands? I'd Be thankfull if you did.
I just wanna be able to promote fair play, good behavour (ex. No rascism/ cussing), Be able to be fair on votes to Kick (ex. High ping, Lagger, Hacking, Map moding, Rascism, Cussing) Cause really theres no need for Cussing/ Rascim on a game :\

Not to mention being able to promote some maps i make occasionally.
So, Thanks! (if you give advice or even post the script on here)
Cheers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:49 pm

i'm looking aaaaaaat sharpeye n skinner XD
Back to top Go down
DaRealRocky

DaRealRocky

Clan : /SRH/

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Idk if this is what you want but I know how to set up servers it just i dont rember the password to my router ( DONT FORGET THAT Smile ) so this is all i know it very detailed hope it helps

Go to the Start menu first click Run and type in "cmd" when the box pops up type in "ipconfig"
it will give u your IP Address, keep that box open
now go to your web browser and type in the address bar at the top put in your Default Gateway
it will ask for your admin pass, its usually admin or w/e u have it as.
now go to setup at the left side of the screen and click Port Fowarding.

now you can add/edit ports
Select protocol: UPD and TCP/UDP port(s): 28763 - 28764

Redirect selected protocol/service to IP Address: (type in your IP Address that was on the box) make sure that line is checked.

then hit apply.

go 2 ur assaultcube folder and click the Server_Wizard.bat file

the server desc = server name
max clients = number of ppl
leave pass blank if u want it everyone to get in
admin pass = w/e u want it to be
mod=w/e u want it to be
and leave everything else blank.

any more questions just asks hint this is for windows Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:51 pm

lol whers the web browser?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:41 pm

No! He lies!
First things first!
You need to forward the right ports.
This is where a lot of people get stuck.
Basically you type in http://192.168.1.1/ into you're web browser.
Now it'll ask you for a password and a username.
This should still be the default.
Now you have to do some digging to find it.
http://www.portforward.com/ will help you so long as you know the model of your router.
If you don't, then do some google-ing or try random generic password combinations.
Mine was: Username: admin Password: admin
Once you forward the correct UDP ports, (That's right, you need two of them, one right after the other. Ie. 28763 & 28764 || 22222 & 22223) then you're ready to make the server work.
If you go into the assaultcube directory and execute ac_server it will load up and work (Assuming that you went with 28763 & 28764).
However it'll be a lame, generic, nameless, 6 person server.
In: ~/AssaultCube_v1.0.4/config/ there should be a file named servercmdline.txt. This is what the server looks at as it starts up. You can put all your confangled start up stuff in here.
Here's an example to get you started.

-o \f3TnG\f4Clan\f5.darkbb.com // Message of the day.
-D 5 // Demo recoding. Please leave it at 5. For everyones sake.
-n \f4|\f3TnG\f4|\f5Sephiroth. //Server name.
-c 12 // This is your max clients.
-f 28773 // Replace this with the lower of your two ports.
-k -1 // Auto kick.
-y -2 // Auto ban.
-r config/maprot.cfg //Map rotation file. DON'T PUT NOOB MAPS IN HERE! YOU'LL LOOSE YOUR SERVER.
-P fkBMAsRCDxP
-x CHEESE! //Your admin password.
-X config/serverpwd.txt // Multiple admin passwords in here. Much better.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
DaRealRocky

DaRealRocky

Clan : /SRH/

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:09 pm

well that how it works on my compueter ? sorry if it was misleading Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:34 am

WHAT IS A WE BROWSSER
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 2:31 am

Web Browser = Intenet Explorer, Mozilla FireFox, Safari, Google Crome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:23 am

*chrome XD that's my input
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 7:56 pm

lol Very Happy im blonde Very Happy no really i am
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:16 pm

|TnG|SPARTA!|M wrote:
lol Very Happy im blonde Very Happy no really i am

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:33 pm

XD LOL
Back to top Go down
WarningK
Members
Members
WarningK

Clan : TnG

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:24 am

OK OMG OMG OMG, I have just learnt how to set up a server:

1.Find your ip address.
Websites like www.findmyipaddress.com are good sites.

2.Copy the address into your address bar on your web browser.
This should take you to your modem settings. You have to enter the admin password and username for your modem. I don't know mine it was auto login.

3.Go to google and search for fowarding ports on whatever brand modem you have. There maybe something there.

4.To the gaming section of it, and find a the links that say assign (blah blah blah) to a new application or something like that. Then follow the on screen prompts. Usually it be something like port range: type in 28763 to 28764 in the two boxes. Then translate to 28763 (this worked for me maybe not for you guys). Then click add or apply or whatever is there.

5.Remember to add it to your modem so go back to the gaming applications bit or applicants or something and you'll see some adding thing of some sort. Add the program you just made.

6.Go to your program files and find the assualt cube_v1.0 folder, inside there should be a server_wizard thing.Just fill in the server description and don't worry about anything past server port. The server port should be 28763. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/WarningKT/Ins4nity

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:33 am

GJ Random.
Back to top Go down
WarningK
Members
Members
WarningK

Clan : TnG

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:36 am

What?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/WarningKT/Ins4nity

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:14 am

*chrome XD that's my input

^That's it.^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:33 am

lol dosnt work i dont know
Back to top Go down
Hav0c
Leader
Leader
Hav0c

Clan : iOD

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:05 am

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT i MADE A SERVER USING ROCKYS ONE Very Happy but i still dont know how to give it color and stuff how do i do that and i couldnt find thhe servercmdline thingy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"   Setting up a Server.....The "how to'" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setting up a Server.....The "how to'"
Page 1 of 1